Originally from Birmingham, West Midlands, I am now based in Northampton, East Midlands, with my husband and son.
I am currently part of the marketing team at Royal & Derngate, Northampton, and work freelance as a designer, photographer and digital marketing manager.
there’s no business like…
I started out in theatre working in Front of House at The Alexandra Theatre in Birmingham in 2005, and spent 8 years working across most of the departments, from Administration to Marketing and Box Office. We moved to Northampton in 2016, and, while enjoying life as a stay-at-home Mum, I joined my local community theatre group to lend my publicity and design skills… very much not expecting to be cast in their next show.
Photo: Duston Players – The House of Fog, 2017
the show must go on…
Since then, I’ve performed with a number of groups in Northampton and had my first play performed, as well as shot production and poster images, designed programmes, and even directed and edited two audio productions during the Covid pandemic.
Photo: Joe Brown – Me as Julia in The Duchess of Malfi (Masque Theatre)
- Young Helen – The Filter Room (Audio) – White Cobra (2022)
- Jane Bennet – Pride & Prejudice (Audio) – White Cobra (2021)
- Violet – A Summer of Spring (Audio) – White Cobra (2021)
- Beatrice – Much Ado About Nothing (Audio) – Nothing But Roaring (2022)
- Doctor Livesey – Treasure Island – Masque Theatre (2019)
- Fabia – Twelfth Night – White Cobra (2019)
- Julia – The Duchess of Malfi – Masque Theatre (2018)
- Queen Victoria – Blackadder’s Christmas Carol – Duston Players (2017)
- Nanny Marksworth – The House of Fog – Duston Players (2017)
- Assistant Director – Richard III – Masque Theatre (2022)
- Director, Script Adaptor and Editor – Pride & Prejudice – White Cobra (2021)
- Director, Script Adaptor and Editor – Much Ado About Nothing – Nothing But Roaring (2022)
- Writer – The Cabin On Deer Hill – Masque Theatre (2018)
- Production Assistant – Defying Gravity – Masque Theatre (2018)
- Assistant Director – Sleeping Beauty – Duston Players (2018)
- Production Co-ordinator – Blackadder’s Christmas Carol – Duston Players (2017)
so, why “stagey rebel”?
I think the Stagey bit is probably fairly self-explanatory – I like theatre quite a bit!
The Rebel is two fold though – rebel as in rebellious, although I’m not as rebellious as I’d like to think I could be. But also Reb(ecca) L(ouise) shortens quite nicely as Reb(e)l so… y’know… it just works…